Real Change Takes Real Effort

I am coming to the end of the time that I have been working with the nutritionist.  I have all the tools I need to be successful in eating in a healthy, complete, nutritious, portion-controlled way.  So, it really is all up to me to do it.  I have not been as diligent as I can be with it.  But now that I am about to be released to continue on this journey alone, I need to put my practice into action instead of it just being theory.  I have also added exercise into the mix.  And I have had the same kind of feelings.  I think I want success to just happen.  I was not really willing to put in the kind of effort that would be considered EFFORT.  I think, for both of these components, I was just kind of going through the motions.  But I recognize that I need to step up my game and stop hiding with all the other people in the world who are ordinary and just walking through it.  I need to face the facts that: I am determined.  I can succeed in amazing ways.  I am not ashamed to be successful.  And I am not ashamed to be outstanding!!  For a week I have been wrestling with breaking out of the mold and really shining or just mixing in and being average and less than my fully realized self.  It's really not about being perfect.  It's about giving it all that I have for me - by me and not selling myself short or dumbing down for others to be comfortable.  I am making small gains now.  But big things are just around the corner.  I am coming to claim what's mine!! 

No comments: