Don't Lose Sight of your Dreams

That's it!  I am going to take a bold leap here.  I am going to move and shift my thinking from, "I want to do a trip to Greece for my 50th birthday." to "I am making plans to take MY 50th birthday trip to Greece!"  My birthday is in 6 months and many of my closest friends and people standing closest to me at parties have heard for the last decade that I want to take a trip to Greece for my 50th year.  As I stepped off of my last Royal Caribbean cruise a year ago, I grabbed the catalog for 2016 cruises.  Of course, since my birthday is in December, I wanted to go during my 50th year.  So, in essence, Spring/Summer of 2017.

This morning when I woke up all I could think of was, "Crap! My birthday is in 6 months!!  I have to plan a trip to Greece!!  I am not going to let this be a wish that floats on by.  I need to take action to make this happen!  And I don't care if I go all alone.  I AM GOING!!"

So as of June 30, 2016, I am starting a Greece savings account at my credit union.  I picked the cruise that I am interested in taking.  The dates on the ship will be 7/2-7/9/2017  And I want to spend 3 days touring around Rome since that's where the ship leaves and returns.  So, my itinerary is starting to form.  This is really happening.  Right now!   As I get more details, I want to open the opportunity for people who would like to join me on this journey.  Because I am so darn fun to hang out with and I know if you want to take this trip, you are fun too!

I think in almost every aspect of my life I am living my dreams and I want this to be my reality.  I thought in the past that I would have to put my life on hold while taking care of Mommy was my top priority.  Over the past 10 years, I have learned that I can have a full life AND be a family caregiver.  So, full steam ahead!  I will spend the first part of July 2017 in Italy and Greece and then come home to celebrate Mommy's 82nd birthday with her.  It is possible to do it all.  And if anyone can, it's me!

I will add more to the story over the next year of planning and I hope some of you will be with me as we celebrate.  There are only a few things that I have wanted for a long, long time that I have actually seen materialize.  So, I'm looking forward to this experience.  Let's do this!!!

No comments: