It's a good tired

I don't want to let this moment pass without honoring it.  Today is Wednesday and I just got back from a great 4 day vacation on Monday.  I went to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  I had a very relaxing time.  I got sun, sleep, massage, drinks and laughs with some wonderful family members that I don't see often enough.  And I returned home to amped up mayhem.  It seems it's time to pump out the septic tank.  But no one here at home thought that I should be alerted or forewarned while enjoying my  4 days away.  I guess that was nice of them to not bother me with the news.  So I came home on high alert.  Tuesday I called about having the work done and was told that it could be done on Wedensday. But until they get here, no running of the dishwasher or clothes washer because that can cause problems that no one wants to clean up.  So for the last two nights I have been taking clothes to a local laundromat to wash them.  Then I bring them home to dry them and put them away.  I had that honor tonight because the company slid me to tomorrow's schedule instead on coming today for the pump out.  This extra task has made for some late nights.

I'm tired.  But it's a good tired.  It think the vacation put me in a mood that makes this ok.  God knows what He's doing even when we don't.  I was also very concerned about paying bills on time with depleted funds.  And in the last 24 hours, I have found 2 accounts that I didn't even know I had!  Once again God knows what He's doing even when we don't.

My Mom has been resting during prime time. She watches TV, gets drowsy and cranks the volume up on the TV because she says she can't hear it.  The reality is that she is asleep!  So cranking up the volume will keep her more alert.  Three times I came in the kitchen door and thought the TV in the family room next door was on only to find that the TV in her room was up to a volume of 40!  Two of these 3 times, she had a CNA sitting right next to her letting this happen like everything was normal.  Ugh!!!  I just go in and turn it back down.  Most times there is a mini lecture that goes with this activity.  "Why does the TV have to be so loud?", I say.  And she replies, "because I can't hear it!"  And we play this game each time.  Then, when I sit down in the room with her, she falls asleep peacefully with the colume at a normal level.  I'm tired.  But it's a good tired.

I'm looking forward to being first on the schedule tomorrow so that this cycle can stop and I can rest once more.  But I do note that every one of my concerns is being handled.  And I don't have to worry.  I can take all of this in stride.  I know who is in control and I have been equipped for what lies ahead in any situation.

I just wanted to share that.

No comments: